Reconnecting

Word, homies! I'm back! AGAIN! Latest - I'm happily at a great weight by working out 2-3 times per week and eating sensibly. So what do I do? I go and interview for a new job. One where I am giving up my ability to work out at lunch. Why? Because I like to change things up on myself. My employer provides free gym classes. If I take this new job, I will have to work out on my own, which takes loads of will power. I'm scared that I will revert back to not working out if I move jobs. However, I'm Feeling very unengaged with my current role and need a change. I do this to myself all the time and it makes me crazy. Why can't I be content where I am? As usual, I am asking the universe for guidance, as I do not know if I am making the right choice. I so wish I had decision making prowess, or confidence in my own choices. This could force me to join some classes before or after work, which would afford me more time for a better workout. Midday workouts are limited by time constraints, and frankly, are hard on the hair. We will see. I don't see myself happily doing my current job in five years, or happily moving into my director's role. I would prefer a different type of role, one in which I am not the enforcer. Would prefer to function in more of a helping role. I work in QA, and let me tell you, people, almost no one likes QA. Big Brother, pain in the ass... all terrible titles apply to this role. Yes, I do have a propensity for pessimism, but this is a difficult role. I'm responsible for people I have no jurisdiction over. It's incredibly frustrating. "Hi! I'm your friendly QA person, here to tell you what you are doing wrong and try to find ways to improve your processes!" Enough of that.

Comments

Popular Posts