Why?

I just turned in my letter of intent to accept enrollment into the BSN program at UT Houston. I also have a meeting invitation from the VP of The Research Institute for Thursday morning. Strolled into the office this morning to find this meeting invitation that can only be for what I never thought would actually happen.

Sure, if I had decided to forego going back to school in hopes that I would be promoted, then it would never happen. But since I have decided to go back to school, they will offer me this promotion. I can tell. ugh...

I know what I have to do... I have to give notice and just get on with it. Sure, if they promoted me, I would have the shiny new title, the office finally, and a nice raise. BUT I would still be doing the same ol' work that I have been doing for the past 8 years that I was already burned out on before I even got here to the Research Institute.

However, that being said, there are the what if's, the killer what if's... What if I stay here and really love my new position and the opportunity to manage people and to stop writing the damn minutes for meetings and to stop scheduling the damn meetings...but is the move up a guarantee that I will be happy with my job??

What if I do go to nursing school and I discover that I do not like it and then I am left to start over with my career..

Oh the possibilities

Comments

Popular Posts