Food Love

Firstly, I must say that I love the Green Monster! Soooo good. I used this recipe this morning: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/weightwatcherspointsrecipes/~3/caiRTHgqD0s/skinny-green-monster-smoothie.html


I swear that it gave me mucho energy and a very happy start to the day. I just followed it with a hard boiled egg with a little low sodium salt (not sure how salt can be low sodium).












Last night was a success with Gina’s WW Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/turkey-taco-lettuce-wraps-3-pts.html
Awesomeness! My darling husband loved it! There was enough for 4 servings, so we will have the rest for dinner tonight.

The last time I went to the store, I loaded up on stuff for snacks so that I could eat clean and healthy throughout the day and not starve myself. I then boiled some eggs for some protein packed snackage/breakfast. Bought some blueberries to have in Greek yogurt or with trail mix. Still have my old standby, apples for a snack as well. It is amazing how much you can eat throughout the day and still lose weight. I still have not broken my 132 weight, but I have plans. I brought my workout clothes to work and will change and head over to the park for some running/jogging action before I go home. I just can’t make myself get back out after I get home. In all actuality, I know I am a fatter 132 than I was the last time I weighed 132, as I have not been working out like I used to. I need to get some muscle to replace my fat and THEN still be 132 and happy…and happier when I get back into the 120’s and toned.

My goal for the week was no wine during the work week and it has been easy to stick to. Too many empty calories. I have been playing along with the “I can food cheat” on the weekends theory, but I have decided that if we want to cheat, we will just eat clean or WW recipes that involve carbs. Stuff like chicken-fried steak, zucchini lasagna or gluten free pizza…instead of going out. If we want a burger, we shall make it ourselves and skip the buns. Chips? Flax seed chips and a healthy homemade salsa. Seriously, there are too many of those wonderful healthy recipes that I don’t cook because of the carbs and then we go out and eat all that nasty fat that the restaurants put in their food. How is that helping? I will just cook a healthier version for us.

I am just loving cooking lately, so that helps. I am also loving getting smaller. Now if I could just get my stomach region to get on board. I guess that is where the exercising will come into play.

On my to do list is to clean out my old cookbooks that I do not use and take them to Half-Priced Books to trade in for some Clean Eating cook books. I just ordered a subscription to Clean Eating magazine after becoming totally addicted to Clean Eating Machines blog: http://cleaneatingmachine.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html
As I sat sipping my Blueberry Slim Life tea, reading her blog the other day, I was so excited about the possibilities! As I mentioned before, all this started when we went to visit our cousin in Colombia, ate copious amounts of delectable food, and came home two pounds lighter. I had my first “American” meal a few days later and literally had a carbohydrate hangover from HELL!

On another note, we are teaching our doggy to sleep in her cave bed, which is oh so cozy and awesome. She loves it during the day but at night she wants to sleep in our bed because I introduced the amazingness of it to her when we first got her. I love having her sleep next to me because I love her to bits and pieces, but she is affecting my sleep in a very bad way. I continue to find myself waking in the middle of the night to a) let her under the covers, b) let her out from under the covers, c) move her overs o that I can reposition myself out of an S position…and there is the oh so favorite and unbearably common waking every hour to my dog licking my face or staring at me resulting in no sleep and very tired grumpy me the next day. So, we must have her sleep in her own bed now. We are on day 3 of the experiment, and it is working out pretty well so far. She still ends up in our bed in the middle of the night and we have to tell her “off” and she eventually finds her way back to her bed. We have wood floors, so we wear ear plugs to avoid being kept awake by the tap dancing of her nails on the floor all night. I think that she is getting the picture and all is well. She still gets to sleep near us as her bed is beside our bed. She is not locked away in her crate, which I think just sucks to be locked away in all night when your most favorite peeps in the world are a room away. I still miss having her curled up next to me, but my back thanks me daily, as does my husband.
Next step is to get our lazy rears out of bed at 5 a.m. to go for a morning run before work, because this going for a run after work is not happening AT ALL. Not that I am good at getting out of bed first thing in the morning for a jog, but it’s worth a dream.

Comments

Kate said…
Hey, thanks for the blog-shout! :)
C Haskins said…
Nice blog. Thanks for the alternative food choices.
randy said…
Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387@gmail.com
Unknown said…
This site gives such a nice feel
Lechuza Planters

Popular Posts