Soughing Off the Weight

I have lost 7 pounds since I finished nursing school in May. Thank goodness! Well, the real weight loss has occurred since about August. Amazingly, it happened over the holidays and stayed constant. I credit not having free reign on the refrigerator all day while I study, eating healthier, and possibly less stress. I have been trying to cook as fresh as possible with as little preservatives and fatty foods. I loaded up with vegetables the last time I went to the store and have been coasting on those goodies for the past week. I notice that the most incredible loss seems to revolve around weeks when I make cabbage soup chock full of veggies. So, since it is still cold out and that still sounds good to me, cabbage soup it is!

I will also try to make this thai soup recipe that I found on CNN -
http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/01/17/spouse-vs-spouse-a-soup-showdown/?hpt=li_t3
It looks pretty tasty.

Last night I made some variation of lime and reduced sodium soy sauce tilapia with bell peppers and tomatoes, with brussel sprouts on the side. It was tasty. Having the leftovers for lunch today and my stomach is growling away!

I am also trying to adhere to my oatmeal for breakfast, 10:00 snack (apple), lunch, 3:00 snack, dinner and evening snack. Six small meals to keep my metabolism going.
Now, I need to get on an exercise routine to tone everything up. I think getting the diet under control is the hardest part of the weight loss challenge. I have been wrestling with this for too long and the culprit is tex-mex chips and salsa, popcorn, olive bread and dipping sauce, Italian food, eating out, and beer. As long as I can be good and subsist off of soup all week, I am okay to play a little on the weekends.

Comments

Popular Posts